The newest DLC for Battlefield 1 is available today for Premium Subscribers. Allowing them to play:
- 4 new maps with big contrasts
- 2 new immersive Operations
- The French Army
- 1 New elite class – The Trench Raider
- 1 new Assault Tank
- 1 new Behemoth – The super-sized tank “Char 2C”
- 6 new unlockable Primary weapons
- 4 new melee weapons
- 1 new game mode – Frontlines
- A new type of skins in Battlepacks
- New melee puzzles in Battlepacks
- Play as party improvements – Party Leader
This update also bring some new balances to weapons and other game improvements. These updates are live for all players. So if you haven’t bought the DLC you will still be able to spectate other players who have it without being kicked out the server.
Enter an intense infantry-only map capturing the action of the opening barrage of the Battle of Verdun which created massive forest fires with players having to fight for domination. It is an uphill battle towards the massive fortresses of Verdun. The artillery never stops, prepare to enter hell!
FORT DE VAUX
This is an intense infantry-only map capturing the action outside and inside of Fort de Vaux. This was the first big engagement inside a fort during World War 1 and takes place in the dark underworld of Fort de Vaux. There is a maze of dark galleries and wet stone corridors where French and German soldiers fight ferociously with grenades, guns, bayonets and flamethrowers.
Here you will see players take part in one of the biggest tank assaults of World War 1 with the French 10th army moving to take back Soissons using their powerful St. Chamond tanks. It takes place in the early hours of a hot summer day with planes, tanks and infantry clashing in the beautiful French countryside. Only the thunderstorm is louder than the war.
This map sees a maze of dead tank wrecks providing a fertile ground for ambushes. This leads to a dire need from the French army to capture key bridges across the Aisne river and in to battlefields where poppies grow over rusty wrecks from previous tank battles. As the sun sets over Fontenoy, the battle wakes up.
Engage in this infantry focused Operation taking place on Verdun Heights and Fort De Vaux. Fight your way up the fiery inferno and progress down underground to secure the victory. Make sure you let the Trench Raider lead the way and strike fear in your opponent’s hearts as he gets up close and personal with his raider club.
BEYOND THE MARNE
Start your engines. In Beyond the Marne players will engage in vehicular warfare across the Soissons and Rupture maps. Use the size of these maps to take control over the battlefield and wreak havoc on your opponents with the new Char 2C super-sized tank Behemoth as the sound of its menacing engines approaches the battle.
THE FRENCH ARMY
Hardened and fearless, the French Army joins the fight in Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass. Don the faction’s characteristic blue uniform, and participate in the brutal defense of your homeland. The French Army has the classic Battlefield classes of Assault, Support, Medic and Scout. In addition to the Tanker, Pilot and Cavalry Vehicle Kits and the Sentry, Tank Hunter and Flame Trooper Elite Classes. There is also the new Trench Raider Elite Class.
THE TRENCH RAIDER
Like our other Elite Classes, the Trench Raider, is a pick-up kit available being introduced in Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass. It is inspired by the heavily armored French Grenadiers with its body armor providing increased resistance to incoming damage. The Trench Raider Elite Class has melee as a primary weapon, several types of grenades and a sidearm for non-close combat engagement.
THE ASSAULT TANK – ST CHAMMOND
The brand new St Chammond tank introduces a new class of tanks into the land vehicle mix – the Assault Tank. It is a fast, long & low profile tank featuring multiple machinegun positions in addition to the powerful 75mm main gun. This new tank comes with 3 new packages: Field Assault, Gas Assault & Standoff Assault. Each package introduces a brand new feature to vehicle gameplay. First, the Field Assault package introduces the Pigeon Carrier Artillery. Echoing BF1’s campaign, the driver can release a pigeon that will call friendly artillery to your position. A dangerous move that can be used to your advantage in desperate situations. The Gas Assault package is equipped with a unique delayed fuse high explosive shell in addition to both close- and long-range gas abilities. Finally, the Standoff Assault package introduces the Spotting Searchlight that will spot ranged targets for its crew and friendly forces nearby. The Searchlight will also temporarily blind nearby enemy soldiers.
THE BEHEMOTH – CHAR 2C
Spawn into the Char 2C tank and control an epic new behemoth. This super-heavy beast may turn the tide of the entire battle. This powerful behemoth is an extreme threat to enemy vehicles, as it will destroy any armored vehicle in 2 or 3 hits! As an infantry you are somewhat safer unless you are in range of its 3 machinegun positions or the powerful rear-mounted auto cannon. Agility is one thing this behemoth lacks and clever enemies will stay in its blind spots. The front and the rear cannons have limited traverse; however, their operator have unique viewports through a rotating metal slit canopy that give them a very clear view of the battlefield.
All the new weapons in They Shall Not Pass can be acquired via the new Weapon Assignments, 12 in total. An Assignment consists of one or two tasks that can be done independently. The tasks usually highlight a team play action (such as reviving) and a weapon that has not been highlighted enough in the past (such as the slug shotgun for example).
RSC 1917 Single Action Rifle
- Low Weight
Lebel Model 1886 Bolt Action Rifle
Sjögren Inertial Shotgun
Cogwheel Club Melee Weapon
Nail Knife Melee Weapon
Trench Fleur Melee Weapon
Mle 1903 Extended Tanker Carbine
NEW GAME MODE – FRONTLINES
This is a 32 player mode that is a tug-of-war with the front line moving in both directions. We see it as having a fluid transition from classic Battlefield modes, Conquest into Rush, and vice versa.
Both teams fight for one flag at a time and when this objective is captured the action moves on to the next. Capture the enemy’s HQ control point and the game turns into a Rush-style section where telegraph posts need to be attacked or defended.
WEAPONS AND GADGETS
They have addressed the grenade and gadget spamming. The goal for these changes is to reduce the amount of grenades available while getting constantly resupplied, as it is common in choke points, without making resupplies unnecessarily long in other gameplay.
Similar to some gadgets, all grenades slowly resupply when out of ammo. This resupply is greatly sped up when near an ammo crate.
The resupply timers are as follows:
- Frag: 36 seconds
- Light AT: 36 seconds
- Impact: 36 seconds
- Incendiary: 36 seconds
- Gas: 27 seconds
- Mini: 24 seconds
- Smoke: 18 seconds
- Resupplies are 3 times as fast near ammo crates
- Reduced Smoke, Gas and Mini Grenade ammo from 2 to 1
- Ammo pouches currently no longer resupply grenades
- Decreased horizontal recoil from 0.7 to 0.3
- Full accuracy is reached one shot earlier
- Fixed bad reload timers on M1911 Extended:
- Tactical reload time increased from 1.4 to 1.6 s
- Empty reload time increased from 2.3 to 2.6 s
- Reload threshold reduced from 1.1 to 0.78
- Fixed staged reload timers
- Fixed an issue where the MG 08/15 would overheat much faster on PS4 and XB1 than on PC and set the new overheat threshold to 67 bullets
- PS4: Fixed an issue where the MG 08/15 was overheating too fast and set the new overheat threshold to 67 bullets
- Xbox One: Fixed an issue where the MG 08/15 was overheating too fast and set the new overheat threshold to 67 bullets
- Reduced rate of fire from 450 to 360
- Increased close range damage, allowing it to kill a healthy soldier with 4 hits within 16 meters
- Self-Loading Rifles and Pieper M1893:
- Made recoil decrease smoother
- Most recoil values were tweaked, but are not comparable to previous releases
- Updated the way the CONTROL value is calculated to better represent the amount of recoil that players have to compensate for
- Self-Loading Rifles
- Fixed an issue where spread would reset too quickly after firing
- Reduced base spread increase per shot of self-loading rifles from 0.25 to 0.2
- Decreased base spread decrease per second from 3.75 to 3
- Decreased the spread increase per shot bonus in ADS that Marksman, Sniper and Optical versions get to maintain the old effective spread increase per shot values of 0.125
- Added a small bonus to spread decrease per second for Marksman, Sniper and Optical versions
- Reduced the number of magazines carried by the M97 Trench Gun by 1
- Increased moving hip fire dispersion by 0.25 degrees
- Fixed incorrect CONTROL values for Low Weight LMGs
- Reduced first shot recoil multiplier from 1.9 to 1.8
- Reduced horizontal recoil from 0.6 to 0.55
- Reduced vertical recoil from 0.38 to 0.35
- Reduced Experimental third shot recoil multiplier from 1.8 to 1.5
- Doubled Experimental spread decrease per second in ADS
- Reduced vertical recoil from 0.44 to 0.40
- Increased horizontal recoil from 0.8 to 1.2
- Increased Trench and Storm first shot recoil multiplier from 2.65 to 2.8
- Decreased Factory first shot recoil multiplier from 2.65 to 2.33
- Increased Factory recoil decrease from 12 to 16
- Increased Frommer Stop Auto horizontal recoil from 1.0 to 1.2
- Increased 1915 horizontal recoil from 0.8 to 0.95
- Overheating now cancels ADS
- Increased moving hip fire dispersion by 0.25 degrees
- Increased Impact grenade minimum time before explosion from 0.7 to 1.0 seconds
- Increased Incendiary grenade minimum time before explosion from 0.67 to 1.3 seconds
- Increased Mini Grenade damage from 65 to 72
- Decreased inner blast radius Light AT Grenades from 2.0 to 1.5
- Decreased inner blast radius Assault AT Grenades to 1.5 from 2.0
- Reduced Tripwire INC ammo from 2 to 1 to better account for its high damage and AOE
- The crossbow launcher now regenerates all its ammo even when not reloaded
- Increased auto replenish time from 15 to 25 seconds
- K bullets now resupply in 2 s rather than 5
- Reduced suppression by friendly gas and prevented coughing at low levels of gas suppression